Auckland, 29-30 August 2012
How vulnerable would your organisation be if hit by a disaster? Do you know how differing incidents would impact on every aspect of your business and operations?
This disaster recovery course will teach you how to retain your organisations ability to provide business critical services during a disaster and how to restore your complete business operations and capabilities as soon as possible following an incident. You will learn how to create a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) and practically test your plan to equip your organisation to deal with any number of disaster variations which could occur.
New skills you will learn:
- How to restore your organisation to full capability quickly
- Techniques to correctly identify your needs, threats and develop your disaster recovery response
- Develop protection and recovery methods for IT and data systems
- Protecting yourself financially from a disaster including insurance options
- How to correctly develop a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)
- Rehearsing test scenarios to uncover responses during a large variety of disasters
- Communicating for disasters and training workers to respond
Topics to be covered on the course:
- Disaster recovery terms, templates and standards
- Threat and risk assessments
- Disaster recovery response
- Information Technology disaster recovery
- Financial protection and disaster insurance
- Documenting the Disaster Recovery Plan
- Communicating for disasters
- Rehearsing scenarios
The facilitator is Sally Rosenberg (MBCI).
Sally Rosenberg (MBCI) is a seasoned business continuity and risk management professional with over 12 years experience in large and small businesses, both as a consultant and as an in-house professional. She has lead numerous projects to identify operational risks, create pre-emptive solutions for risks being realised and has been an active BCM and crisis manager in some of New Zealands largest organisations.
Her experience with Fonterra as the Global Business Continuity Manager from 2002 to 2007 enhanced her local private enterprise and government experience into the global market. As an expert practitioner, trainer and consultant the results for her employers and clients have consistently shown the adoption of best practice capability and effective management of the inevitable crisis incidents with minimal business disruption.
Elsewhere Sally has held senior management and executive roles with Alcatel-Lucent, LIC, the New Zealand Opera School and Ridge Brands Ltd. Her expertise includes project and strategic planning, development and management, change management, stakeholder development, process improvement and crisis communications. As an action and goal driven practitioner she ensures a high degree of satisfaction is experienced by all stakeholders and outputs are delivered on time.
For more information on this course and to register, please click here.
CSNZ confirms that this event qualifies for Structured CPD credits based on 1 credit per hour of attendance.