5-Day Mediation Workshop
Wellington, 19-23 June 2012
The LEADR five-day Mediation Workshops introduce participants to the theory and practical skills of mediation and conflict resolution through lectures, demonstrations and simulated mediations in which the participants practise the skills taught. On the final day, each participant is given individual feedback from a practising mediator.
The aims of the workshop include:
- Discuss different approaches to dispute resolution;
- Gain a greater understanding in mediation process and its philosophy;
- Improve your communication skills to resolve disputes effectively;
- Highlight barriers to effective communication and ways to overcome these;
- Identify disputes suitable for mediation;
- Develop strategic and preparatory skills for those representing clients or organisations in mediation;
- Practice these skills in at least six simulated mediations with individual feedback from a practising mediator;
- Discuss ethical dilemmas;
- Provide the first step in accreditation onto the LEADR panel of mediators.
The workshop is designed for people involved in disputes, whether as a participant, advisor or resolver; or firms interested in incorporating dispute resolution procedures into their professional services and management. LEADR has trained human resource managers, teachers, managers, lawyers, accountants, dentists, doctors, administrators, students, public servants in fact participants consistently report that the workshop provides essential life skills for everyone.
Please note the number of participants per workshop is restricted so early booking is recommended.
CSNZ confirms that this event qualifies for Structured CPD credits based on 1 credit per hour of attendance