Operational Risk Assessment
Auckland, Thursday 10-Friday 11 May 2012
Whether you are an experienced risk professional or new to the area of risk management, this two-day course is a fantastic opportunity to assess your organisations operational risk and your own risk management knowledge. The course covers all the tools, techniques and strategies utilised to achieve your operational outcomes in an environment of uncertainty.
The course combines tutorial sessions, practical exercises and examples to cover all aspects of risk from general principals through to implementing your own operational risk management framework. All participants will be provided with a detailed workbook and a certificate of completion.
The course will present the opportunity to learn how to:
- Identify and assess risks specific to your organisation
- Interpret risk analysis to proactively manage your organisations risks
- Use quantitative and qualitative tools for risk assessment
- Comply with the general terms and principles of risk management
- Understand current AS/NZS risk management guidelines
- Communicate risk information to get bu6y-in from Senior Management and the Board
- Understanding the principles of risk assessment - terms and processes
- Characterising risks and potential problems
- Qualitative risk assessment methods what are they and when to use them?
- Conducting a risk assessment workshop
- Quantitative risk assessment methods what are they and when to use them?
- Moving from analysis to understanding
- Achieving traction to pro-actively manage risk
The Facilitator for this course is: Chris Peace, Managing Director, Risk Management Limited
Chris Peace is the managing director of Risk Management Limited, an independent risk management consultancy established in 2003 to help clients identify, analyse, assess and manage their major risks and to monitor the critical controls over those risks. He has worked as a risk manager for many companies in the past including; NGC Holdings Ltd; Jardine Lloyd Thompson; Marsh & McLennan; and CIGNA (NZ) Ltd.
Chris is an adjunct Lecturer in Risk Management Studies at Massey University and holds an MSc in Risk Management as well as other qualifications in environmental health, air pollution control and occupational safety and health. He is currently a member of the Joint Standards Australia/Standards New Zealand Committee OB007 in Risk Management.
Please click here to download a copy of the conference brochure. Please register you attendance at this event directly with Conferenz.
CSNZ confirms that this event qualifies for Structured CPD credits based on 1 credit per hour of attendance.