3rd Annual Business Analyst Masterclass
Auckland, Monday 30 April-Tuesday 1 May 2012
Conferenz extends an invitation to all Members, Affiliates and Friends of CSNZ to attend the 3rd Annual Business Analyst Masterclass in Auckland on Monday 30 April and Tuesday 1 May 2012 which presents an opportunity to learn from leading Business Analyst practitioners how to add value to your organisation.
The BA Masterclass will cover issues around business process improvement, communicating with project stakeholders, requirements analysis and professional development, this event promises to be an ideal opportunity for networking and information sharing.
Why you should attend
- Extended session on Lean Six Sigma and BPI programmes
- Presentations from Vero, Intergen, Auckland Council, Southern Cross
- Panel discussion about the effect of Agile on traditional BA roles
There will also be two half-day workshops held on Tuesday 2 May 2012 covering:
Improving organisational clarity and performance through business process modelling (9:00am-12:30pm)
One of the primary tasks or responsibility as a Business Analyst is to understand your organisation and to ensure that projects, requirements and identified solutions fit into the organisation and meet its unique needs. Business Process Modelling is one tool you could use to gain a greater understanding of your organisation in its current state (and in any future state).
- Using and understanding UML and BPMN notations
- Building your business process model
- Using models to elicit system and project requirements
- Business model integration
- Business process modelling and business process improvement
- Coordinating and managing business rocess implementation
- Transforming business process models into functional IT requirements
Facilitator: Gilles Rabaud, Certified BPMN Practitioner and Trainer, Intergen
Your step by step guide to requirements analysis (1:30pm-5:00pm)
The IIBA has described a requirement as a condition or capability needed by a stakeholder to solve a problem or achieve an objective. Requirements analysis is the process of eliciting, analysing and recording project requirements. This half day workshop will work through a step by step guide about how you can improve the requirements analysis process within your organisation.
- Models and techniques you can use to specify and document requirements
- Requirements elicitation techniques and guidance on when each is appropriate to use
- Relating requirements to business needs or opportunities
- Stakeholder identification, interviews and analysis
- Measuring requirements and requirement related goals
- Common requirements analysis issues you may face, and steps you can take to work through them
Facilitator: David Morris, Enterprise Analysis Consultant, RedVespa
Please click here to download a copy of the conference brochure and for details on how to register for the event.
CSNZ confirms that this event qualifies for CPD Structured credits based on 1 credit per hour of attendance.