Environmental Law & Regulation Conference
Wellington, Monday 30 April-Tuesday 1 May 2012
Conferenz extends an invitation to all Members, Affiliates and Friends of CSNZ to attend the Environmental Law & Regulation Conference in Wellington on Monday 30 April and Tuesday 1 May 2012. The Conference aims to provide an update on legislative change to balance the use and protection of the environment.
There will be keynote sessions from:
- The Minister for the Environment
- The Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment
The Conference will enable attendees to keep up-to-date with the latest regulatory changes:
- The RMA Phase II and future government direction
- Resource consents processing and new constraints
- The National Environmental Standard for managing contaminants in soil
- Water care issues and updates for Freshwater Management and Aquaculture
As well as to take a look at new legislation from top Environmental law makers and practitioners:
- Judge Harland, Environment Court
- Dr Jan Wright, Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment
- Prof Peter Skelton, Environment Canterbury
- John Duguid, AucklandCouncil
- Geraldine Baumann, Historic Places Trust
In addition, there will be two separate workshops on Tuesday 2 May 2012.
- Implementing the NES for assessing and managing contaminants in soil to protect human health
- Applying the NPS for Freshwater management
Please click here to download a copy of the conference brochure and for information on how to register.
CSNZ confirms that this event qualifies for CPD Structured credits based on 1 credit per hour of attendance.